The 30 Days blog has come to an end - but it's not too late to relive the experience.
Option 1 - Click on the links below "Read it!" to read from Day 1-Day 30
Option 2 - Just start scrolling to read from Day 30-Day 1
We love to hear your comments....Happy Reading!

Day 11 - A few new ingredients..

|
When I started thinking about becoming Vegan I was imagining all of things I would be cutting out of my diet - not so much the new additions. So far I've found quite a few new tastes and substitutes that I would eat if I were vegan or not.

Here is a rundown of the new finds;

Nutritional Yeast - Its a source of protein and B12 vitamins, and also tastes quite delicious. I made veggie sausages and added in about half a cup of nutritional yeast. I purchased mine at Food Fight, but I bet you can find it at other stores as well

Sheese - This was one was recommended by Kiley and I must say its an awesome find. It a Vegan cheese that actually tastes like cheese. I'm told it doesn't melt too well, but I crumbled it on a salad with almonds, beans, and sun dried tomatoes - so good!

Tofutti's Better than Cream Cheese - I haven't eaten cream cheese in years because it made me feel so yucky, wish I would have discovered this earlier. Tastes just like cream cheese, but dare I say better?! Add this one to your cart, I found it at Safeway.

Garden Burger Breakfast Sausage - Really good cut up with beans, rice, vegan cheese. The sausage fills that greasy/salty meat craving I sometimes get, but its a thousand times better for you than the real thing.



Items to stay away from;

Vegan Rella - Does not equal good. The cheese melts well, but thats about all it has going for it

Gimee Lean Ground Beef, Tofurkey, etc. etc. Any meat substitute in a tube, box, etc. It's not meat, it's not even close. Use sparingly and do not focus youre whole meal around it.

-Katie

2 comments:

Melissa w/ Soul Mates Photography said...

i'm so impressed and shocked! i can't believe you two went vegan. I'm interested to see if you keep at it after 30 days. :) good luck!

Suzy Vitello said...

Way to go, guys! So proud of you two. Now get over here and pick some squash and tomatoes!!!

Post a Comment